NetTeller Q & A
- What is Bank of LaFayette NetTeller On-Line Banking?
- How much does NetTeller cost?
- What are the software and hardware requirements?
- How do I know if my browser utilizes 128-bit encryption?
- What Internet browsers can I use with NetTeller?
- Is Bank of LaFayette NetTeller secure?
- What can I do to protect my account and personal information while I'm banking on line with NetTeller?
- What happens if I don't log off of the system?
- How do I sign up for NetTeller Banking?
- How do I log on to NetTeller Banking the first time?
- What accounts can I access?
- How current is my balance?
- When are my accounts updated on NetTeller?
- Can I transfer money from one account to another?
- Is there a fee for transferring between accounts?
- Can I schedule an Automatic Funds Transfer (AFT)?
- Can I make loan payments from my deposit accounts?
- Can I download my account information to my financial management software?
- Can I get copies of my statements?
- What happens if I forget my NetTeller PIN and/or Login ID number?
- Who do I call for NetTeller assistance?
- Can I order checks with NetTeller?
- Can I set up ACH transfers with NetTeller?
1.What is Bank of LaFayette NetTeller On-Line Banking?
NetTeller On-Line Banking, a free service offered by Bank of LaFayette, gives you access to all your accounts at anytime from anywhere via the Internet.
3. What are the software and hardware requirements?
You must have a computer with a connection to the Internet. Your web browser may also need to be updated to 128-bit encryption. Most browsers should prompt you to do this update.
4. How do I know if my browser utilizes 128-bit encryption?
When you first try to sign on to NetTeller, the system will prompt you to check your browser. This check will display your browser's encryption capability. If you want to check your browser's security settings manually, do the following:
For Internet Explorer, you must be on a secured site to check the encryption. The settings are found under the File, Properties option on your toolbar.
For Netscape Navigator, select Options from your toolbar and then Security Preferences. Next, click the Configure button next to SSL v2 and SSL v3.
For Netscape Communicator, select the Security Icon and then click on Navigator. Next, click the Configure SSL v2 and SSL v3.
6. Is Bank of LaFayette NetTeller secure?
Yes. NetTeller has implemented networking architecture that encrypts all the data transmissions to and from the site, preventing unauthorized access to your bank information. See VeriSign.
- Be sure to logout after accessing your accounts.
- You may want to change your ID and password periodically. You can do this by selecting the management option from the Home Banking drop down list.
- Don't leave your computer logged on to NetTeller or leave your screen for extended periods.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or higher, and some other browsers, may save your ID and password automatically. If you do not want this information saved, disable this option.
8. What happens if I don't logout of the system?
NetTeller has a 10 minute time-out feature. If you are logged in for 10 consecutive minutes without using NetTeller, you will have to log in again to continue banking.
9. How do I sign up for NetTeller Banking?
You can sign up for NetTeller by completing a NetTeller Application. You may come into the bank, or complete the form and mail to us. If you don't have a personal Bank of LaFayette account come by our nearest Bank of LaFayette branch to open an account and complete an application for NetTeller Banking. Try it out before signing up by taking a tour using our demo.
10. How do I log on to NetTeller Banking the first time?
From our homepage (www.bankoflafayette.com), click on "Internet Banking", then click the NetTeller Login menu option. If it is your first time logging in, enter your NetTeller ID# (issued by The Bank of LaFayette) and your NetTeller PIN (the last four digits of your Social Security Number). Once logged in, you have the option of changing your NetTeller ID# or your PIN by choosing the management option from the Home Banking drop down list.
12. How current is my balance?
Balance reflects end of previous business day activity plus any memo postings or Internet posting since then. Current transactions (transactions within the statement period) are listed. To access prior activities, request the previous statement.
14. Can I transfer money from one account to another?
Yes. Simply access the account you wish to transfer money from, select the transfer funds option from the drop down menu, and then select another account to transfer the money into. Transfers can also include transferring money from your checking or savings account to make your loan payments.
16. Can I schedule an Automatic Funds Transfer (AFT)?
Yes. Once you have entered the option to transfer funds, you can set the frequency of payments. Automatic Funds Transfers that have been set up prior to NetTeller will not be shown. However, any AFTs set up after initiating NetTeller will be listed.
18. Can I download my account information to my financial management software?
Yes. Select the download option under the Home Banking drop down list. You can download to Microsoft Money, Quicken, or Spreadsheets.
20. What happens if I forget my NetTeller PIN and/or Login ID number?
Just contact our NetTeller Customer Service Department at the main office at 706-638-2520 or e-mail us by . We will be glad to reset it for you.
21. Who do I call for NetTeller assistance?
Just call our NetTeller Customer Service Department at 706-638-2520 or e-mail us by . If you would prefer regular mail, our address is
P O Box 1149, LaFayette, GA 30728
23. Can I set up ACH transfers with NetTeller?
A cash management service is being planned and will be added to NetTeller. This will allow you to set up ACH (Automatic Clearing House) items, which are processed through federal reserve systems. In the meantime, after Bill Payer is available, you will be able to issue yourself a check payable to your other banking institutions
Power Pay Q & A
- What is PowerPay?
- How do I begin using PowerPay?
- Who can I pay using PowerPay?
- When and how are payments processed?
- When will the money be taken out of my account?
- What if I do not have enough money in my account?
- What if I want to inquire on the status of the payment?
- How late in the day can I enter or edit a payment?
- How many days does it take for a payment to reach the payee?
- What is the maximum payment amount?
- How far in advance can I schedule payments?
- Can I set up Recurring Payments?
- Can I download my payment information to my financial management software?
- Can I stop a payment on a bill pay check?
- How does my account get charged?
- How do I terminate or discontinue the PowerPay service?
- What happens if someone gets into my PowerPay account and schedules unauthorized transfers?
2. How do I begin using PowerPay?
To begin using PowerPay, you must first sign up using an online application, or by visiting any of The Bank of LaFayette's offices. You must have a checking account and be signed up for online banking with NetTeller. PowerPay is integrated with NetTeller, so you can use your existing NetTeller ID & Password to access PowerPay once you have signed up.
4. When and how are payments processed?
Scheduled payments are processed Sunday through Friday at 9 p.m. Payments processed on Friday night will include any payments with a scheduled weekend payment date. Payments processed on Sunday will include any new payments that may have been added over the weekend. Holiday payments: Payments are processed the night of the holiday.
6. What if I do not have enough money in my account?
The Bank of LaFayette will treat PowerPay items just like any other check that you write. If the item is returned, a hold may be placed on your bill payment service and NSF fees will apply.
7. What if I want to inquire on the status of the payment?
First check your accounts online through NetTeller and review the payment history. If the information does not appear, please call 706-638-2710 and a Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you.
8. How late in the day can I enter or edit a payment?
You may enter or edit a One time Payment that was scheduled on the same day as the Payment Date up to 9 p.m. You may enter or edit a Recurring Payment up to 9 p.m. on the day before the scheduled Payment Date if the scheduled Payment Date falls Sunday through Friday.
9. How many days does it take for a payment to reach the payee?
Payments by Check: Payments by check may take at least 5 business days to reach the payee.
Electronic Payments: Electronic payments usually take 3 business days.
14. Can I stop a payment on a bill pay check?
Yes. After the check is printed and mailed, the payment history will show the check number for that payment. The stop payment can be added in the same manner.
15. How does my account get charged?
There are two types of payments through the PowerPay system.
Check payments: Checks issued through PowerPay are laser printed and MICR encoded. The payee receives a check with the customer's own account number and the bank's routing number. Funds clear your account through the normal check clearing process.
Electronic payments: The payee receives payment via our service bureau. Funds for payments drawn on accounts with a sufficient balance are memo-posted for the amount of payment. The funds are debited from the account daily for payments transmitted to the service bureau.
16. How do I terminate or discontinue the PowerPay service?
To discontinue PowerPay Service, you must contact The Bank of LaFayette within ten (10) days prior to the actual service discontinuation date. You must request the service discontinuation via the PowerPay secure messaging system or by written correspondence sent via mail. Written notice must be signed and sent to The Bank of LaFayette, P O Box 1149, LaFayette, GA 30728.
17. What happens if someone gets into my PowerPay account and schedules unauthorized transfers?
Guard against someone accessing your account. Do not share your PIN or account information with others. In the event someone does schedule unauthorized transfers, contact our NetTeller Customer Service Department during regular business hours at 706-638-2520, or write us at The Bank of LaFayette, P.O. Box 1149, LaFayette, GA 30728. Be sure to include your Deposit Account number, the date and the amount of the unauthorized transfer.